So, you are looking at buying a new espresso machine – one that ensures a great experience but also won’t break the bank.
While most people think that espresso machines are expensive, there are budget-friendly units available in the market today.
In fact, there are some high-quality espresso machines that cost under $200! With a $200 budget, you can purchase a quality, entry-level espresso machine with enough features to satisfy your love of espresso.
Don’t know where to start looking for these high-quality, budget-friendly espresso machines? Don’t worry! Below, we list down 3 of the best espresso machines that you can get under $200!
- De’Longhi EC702 15-Bar Pump Espresso Maker
The De’Longhi EC702 15-Bar Pump Espresso Maker features stainless steel components, giving it a hardy and durable look.
It occupies a small footprint (11 x 9.1 x 11.6 inches) and fits great within any kitchen size.
The De’Longhi EC702 15-Bar Pump Espresso Maker is an easy-to-use espresso machine with useful features necessary for making a great cup of espresso.
This machine has a self-priming operation, allowing the boiler to heat up and prepare for brewing on its own, so you don’t have to worry about any start-up controls.
Furthermore, this espresso machine exerts 15 bars of pressure, allowing you to produce delicious, high-quality espressos.
It is also ESE pod compatible, so you can easily pop in an espresso pod if you do not have time to grind your coffee beans in the morning.
It also features a patented cappuccino system frother – this allows you to easily steam and froth up your favorite cappuccino and latte drinks.
It mixes milk and steam to give you that consistent creamy and rich froth every time. This espresso machine also provides you with the freedom to control things like water temperature and pressure.
It also features a patented dual-thermostat system that allows you to monitor and separately set the temperatures for the steam wand and the water tank.
Additionally, you have control over the amount of coffee that you want to brew at once with its single and double-pressurized filter baskets.
Thanks to De’Longhi EC702’s Thermo block heating mechanism, you can expect a good cup of espresso every time.
Overall, the De’Longhi EC702 15-Bar Pump Espresso Maker is a pretty great choice for an affordable, entry-level espresso machine.
De'Longhi 15 bar Pump Espresso Maker, EC702, Metal
- Pump driven and 15 bars
- Automatically self-primes; Water level indicator: Yes
- Use pods or ground coffee with the convenient patented filter holder. On/Off switch- Yes
- Craft cappuccinos or lattes with the patented easy to use frothier
- 44 oz. and 1.3 litre removable water tank. Never install the appliance in environments where the temperature may reach 0°C (32°F) or lower (the appliance may be damaged if the water freeze)
- Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso Maker
The Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso Maker is capable of making three kinds of coffee drinks – espresso, latte, and cappuccino.
For espresso, you can decide the amount of espresso that you want in the beverage. This espresso machine also has a milk frother and dispenser, allowing you to create a great cup of latte or cappuccino.
This feature also allows you to choose the amount of froth that you want in your coffee. To make things easier for its users, the Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso Maker has an automatic mode.
To automatically prepare a small quantity of espresso, you simply need to press the Espresso button once. If you want to brew a larger quantity, press this button twice.
Also, if you are brewing a small cup of espresso, make sure to use a single shot filter, and you should use a double shot filter for a larger cup.
Similarly, you can choose the quantity of cappuccino and latte you want to drink. The Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso Maker also has a manual mode – this is perfect for those who like to customize their coffee.
In manual mode, you can control the amount of espresso you want to have in your cup and the amount of frothed milk that you want to add to your cappuccino or latte.
The Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso Maker also features useful light indicators to let you know the stage of the brewing cycle.
These light indicators inform you of what needs to be done and alert you if you have done something wrong.
For instance, the button light pulses when the espresso machine is heating up, brewing, frothing, or cleaning.
The button light stays illuminated when the espresso machine is ready for use. If the cappuccino and latte lights are not illuminated, it means that you haven’t put in the milk reservoir properly – you should push it into the unit until the lights illuminate.
This espresso machine is a great pick for beginners because of its easy-to-use controls. It has a clearly labeled control panel and an informative user manual which will help you understand how to use the machine.
SaleMr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Maker | Café Barista , Silver
- Semi automatic 3 in 1 espresso maker, cappuccino maker, and latte maker
- 15 Bar Pump System Brews Rich Tasting Espresso Coffee
- Trouble Free Automatic Milk Frother Removes the Guesswork. Do not wash the water reservoir in the dishwasher
- One touch control panel for drink selections
- Easy fill, removable water and milk reservoirs
- Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Coffee and Espresso Machine
The Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Coffee and Espresso Machine is a unique, single-serve coffee maker that relies on the company’s own proprietary disposable pods to brew a variety of espresso and coffee flavors.
This espresso machine uses Nespresso’s patented centrifusion extraction technology, which they claim allows the capsules to spin up to 7,000 rotations per minute, allowing it to produce the perfect blend.
The Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Coffee and Espresso Machine features a sleek, minimalistic design that prioritizes functionality.
This espresso machine is made from high-quality plastic, with metal details throughout. It is also available in different colored finishes, from classic black to red, silver, and a sleek-looking graphite metal.
This single-cup espresso machine can be used to make espresso, double espresso, gran lungo, regular coffee, and alto – all at the touch of a single button.
It has a built-in reservoir that can hold up to 54 oz. of water, allowing you to make several cups before it has to be refilled.
The special Nespresso capsules are placed in their own tank after being used, and you can deposit 17 capsules before it needs to be emptied.
The Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Coffee and Espresso Machine is capable of heating up in just about 15 to 20 seconds, regardless of what size drink you choose.
However, please note that this espresso machine relies on the proprietary Nespresso capsules to function – this means that you won’t be able to use any other types of disposable pods.
This also means that you will not be able to fill a pod with your own coffee grounds either. But don’t worry!
The Nespresso capsules all taste great – these proprietary capsules contain high-quality, premium coffee grounds and offer an allotment of light, medium and bold roasts.
It also offers flavored options, such as vanilla, hazelnut, caramel, and even decaf flavors! One of the main advantages of The Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Coffee and Espresso Machine is its minimal, simplistic design.
Luckily, this holds true for cleaning as well; this espresso machine features removable clear reservoirs for both the water itself and the capsules, which are dishwasher-safe.
It also has an effective self-cleaning cycle that can be used to clean out the hardware responsible for brewing your coffee.
It may not be the ideal single-cup espresso machine for everyone (especially if you want to use other pods or coffee grounds), but in terms of just making a great cup of coffee, you’d be hard-pressed to find a high-quality machine that produces great tasting espresso at a reasonable price.
Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine Bundle with Aeroccino Milk Frother by De'Longhi, Black
- VERSATILE AUTOMATIC COFFEE MAKER: Brew different single serve coffee cup sizes; espresso (1.35 oz), double espresso (2.7 oz), gran lungo (5 oz), coffee (7.7 oz) and alto (14 oz). Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks. Pre-set functions: Alto, Coffee, Espresso
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Vertuo coffee makers use a patented extraction technology developed by Nespresso known as Centrifusion. Just insert a capsule and close the lever and enjoy freshly brewed coffee or authentic espresso
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE MACHINE: create barista grade brewed single serve coffee or espresso cups at the touch of a single button; Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules only
- FEATURES: Extra-large 54 oz water tank and a very large 17 count used capsule container; This machine also has a fast heat up time of only 15 seconds; There is an energy saving automatic shutoff at 9 minutes of inactivity
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a complimentary starter set of Nespresso capsules (capsule assortment may vary from picture)
The Bottom Line
With so many expensive espresso machines available today, you may have a hard time finding a high-quality machine for less money.
We hope that our list of the three best espresso machines under $200, with a comprehensive review of each unit, helps you find a great option to suit your needs and budget.