Many of us kick-start our day with a fresh cup of coffee. There are many ways that we can get our caffeine fix – we can make one using ready-to-mix coffee powders or purchase our favorite coffee from a local café.
However, nothing tops the convenience of having a coffee maker at home. With your own coffee maker, you would be able to brew your favorite coffee without having to go to a café.
If you don’t need an automatic coffee maker, one of those coffee makers that only brews one cup at a time, or a large coffee maker, a 4-cup coffee maker is an ideal solution for you.
The 4-cup coffee maker is just the right size for small to medium-sized families – it makes it very easy to brew just the right amount of coffee without anything going to waste.
Don’t know where to start looking? Don’t worry! In this article, we list down some of the best 4 cup coffee makers out there today.
- Mr. Coffee DRX4 Programmable Small Coffee Maker
The Mr. Coffee DRX4 Programmable Small Coffee Maker is a compact coffee maker that is programmable up to 24 hours ahead.
Due to its compact design, it helps you save space and is ideal for small and average-sized kitchens. Furthermore, it can be stored on the counter at all times without taking up too much space.
The carafe is glass, and this machine uses standard, flat-bottomed paper coffee filters. It also has an on/off switch which makes it easy to see if the burner is still on.
It also features a timer so that you can plan a brewing time of up to 24 hours. The Mr. Coffee DRX4 Programmable Small Coffee Maker also has a pause brew function – this means that you can fill up a cup before the entire carafe is done.
This feature can also be used to pre-infuse the brew. This small coffee maker is budget-friendly, and the entire system is fairly easy to clean – the carafe is dishwasher safe and the reservoir drains entirely.
Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Coffee Maker, White - DR4-RB
- On/off indicator light lets you know when your coffee maker is on or off
- Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause stops cycle if you need a cup before brewing is finished
- Dual water window allows visibility as you fill—no more overflows
- Removable filter basket for quick and easy cleanup
- Cuisinart DCC-450BK
If you are looking for a smaller coffee maker that doesn’t take up too much space on your kitchen counter, then the Cuisinart DCC-450BK is a good option for you. Sporting a sleek design, this coffee maker can fit in any kitchen.
While the Cuisinart DCC-450BK is not programmable, it does have a 30-minute automatic shut-off. It also features a convenient ON indicator light and has a pause-brew function.
This means that if you need a cup of coffee before the carafe is entirely full, you can stop it temporarily.
This coffee maker also uses standard paper filters that you can easily purchase in major supermarkets.
Unlike most coffee makers available on the market, the Cuisinart DCC-450BK sports a stainless-steel carafe, making it very durable.
Furthermore, it features a dripless pour spout that makes it easy to pour, and the carafe is dishwasher safe.
SaleCuisinart DCC-450BK 4-Cup Coffeemaker with Stainless-Steel Carafe, Black
- 4-Cup Stainless-steel carafe with dripless pour spout and knuckle guard
- Brew-pause feature lets you enjoy a cup of coffee before brewing has finished
- 30 minute automatic shutoff and convenient ON indicator light. BPA Free.UC Cubic Feet: 0.37
- Includes: instruction booklet
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Brew Express BE-104R-223A
With its built-in-the-wall design, you can easily install the Brew Express BE-104R-223A into the wall, allowing you to reclaim your counter space.
Furthermore, you can connect this coffee maker directly to a water supply, so you do not have to fill it up each time you want to brew some coffee.
All you have to do is pour the coffee beans and let the machine do the rest. The Brew Express BE-104R-223A is a 4 cup coffee maker that features a timer and a clock.
This allows you to program it to wake you up or simply to make coffee at a particular time of the day. The contemporary, stylish design of this coffee maker also makes it perfect for any kitchen.
Furthermore, thanks to its built-in-the-wall design, you do not have to worry about spilling any water.
The thermal carafe also means that you do not need a hot plate, so this coffee maker is very energy-efficient.
The Brew Express BE-104R-223A also features an adjustable cup selector that enables you to decide how much coffee you want to brew – ranging from a single mug to a full carafe.
It also has a convenient pause-n-brew sensor that makes it safe to remove the carafe while brewing to pour yourself a cup of coffee.
4 Cup Built-In-The-Wall Self-Filling Coffee and Hot Beverage System Finish: White
- Built-in-the-wall design gives you back your counter-space.
- Automatically fills with water - connected directly to your water supply like an ice maker
- 4-cup carafe or single cup use
- Adjustable Cup Selector- Select from a single mug, half or a full carafe.
- Reliable: Designed to last for years. Tested for several thousand cycles, and certified for commercial & residential use.
- Haier Brew Automatic 4 Cup Coffee Maker, with Grinder
The unique design of the Haier Brew Automatic 4 Cup Coffee Maker is only one of the surprising features of this coffee maker.
This budget-friendly coffee maker grinds beans before making a cup of coffee that you will thoroughly enjoy.
It is simple to operate, has single to 4 cup brewing options, and doesn’t take up too much space. The Haier Brew Automatic 4 Cup Coffee Maker brews fresh coffee in just under 5 minutes.
Furthermore, you can use whole beans or regular ground coffee as it comes with a built-in grinder.
It is a flexible coffee maker that gives you the option to make a single cup or two cups by clicking ‘1’ with the dial and ‘2’ to brew 3–4 small cups of coffee in a carafe.
The blue light in the middle over the carafe means the grind cycle and if the red light flashes, it means ‘Brew Cycle and Keep Warm’. This coffee maker has no timer so you can’t preset your brew.
It also doesn’t have an auto shut-off feature, but it does have a ‘beep’ sound for when your coffee is brewed so you need to keep an eye on it when you are making coffee which does not take too long.
The Haier Brew Automatic 4 Cup Coffee Maker also features a cylindrical filter for grinding coffee – this means that you don’t have to purchase additional filters.
It is also very easy to clean since it comes with detachable parts – you simply have to take it apart and clean the parts one by one.
Haier Brew Automatic Coffee Makers 4 Cup with Grinder Machines
- Two ways to brew : Grinds whole beans or traditional ground coffee,then brew fresh coffee at 3-5 minutes.
- Brewing Capacity: Single cup with variable size options or up to a 4-cup carafe(20 ounces )
- Automatic filter: With cylindrical filter, means no extra filters to buy. you can grind your favorite beans and brew 4 cup coffee
- Simple to operate: Simply fill the water reservoir, add whole beans or traditional ground coffee to the bean chamber, and turn the dial to 1 or 2.
- Easy cleaning: Removable grinding chamber, filter basket and detachable cover feature the coffee maker easily cleaning
The Bottom Line
Finding the best 4 cup coffee maker for your family can be challenging because there are many factors to take into account before making any decision.
From the kind of controls to the style of carafe you want, you have to consider your preferences as well as your personal use.
Hopefully, this guide for the best 4 cup coffee makers (best small coffee makers) has helped you narrow down your choices.