Anyone who has ever tasted the rich, aromatic flavor of coffee made with a French press will tell you that it’s hard not to love it. To long-time French press fans and new enthusiasts alike, the appeal includes both the look of the press and the quality of its brew.There are many French press brands available on the market, the most popular being Bodum.
They have been producing caffeine highs and smiles with their coffee makers since the 1940s, and aren’t going to slow down anytime soon.Let’s take a look at the top 5 Best Bodum French Press, and see what each has to offer.
Best Bodum French Press Reviews
1. Bodum Chambord
Bodum has produced a wide range of French press coffee makers for over 70 years in an abundance of sizes and shapes. But one of the most popular and well-loved designs is the Bodum Chambord press.
This model is a favorite due to its classic design inspired by the 1950s original French press. The timeless Chambord is made with a stainless steel lid and frame, both of which warmly complement the graceful carafe made from heat-resistant borosilicate glass.The matte black, heat-resistant handle is a welcome addition to this French press. It is made of polypropylene plastic, which is a durable material commonly used in reusable containers and laboratory equipment, guaranteeing its stability and longevity. Those who have experienced burnt fingers from stovetop coffeemakers will appreciate this design feature.The Chambord has a steel frame which supports the carafe which makes it easy to carry around, protecting the glass beaker from breaking. The handle is attached to the press using steel connectors, providing further durability.If you regularly entertain guests, the Chambord press is available in both a 1 liter and 1.5 liter carafe, ensuring you can find the press to suit your needs.
- included components: Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker, 12 Espresso Cup, 51oz, Chrome
What’s to like about the Bodum Chambord
- Extracts the natural oils from the coffee for a warm, rich aroma
What’s not to like about the Bodum Chambord
- The handle can be a bit flimsy and prone to warping over time
2. Bodum Columbia
Another one of Bodum’s well-loved French presses, the Columbia model pairs timeless elegance with rugged utility for the perfect cup of flavorful coffee.
The Bodum Columbia is perfect for home and office use, combining stunning sophistication with high-quality materials for seamless function.The Columbia French press coffee maker is made using double wall stainless steel, which also acts as an insulated thermos that will keep your coffee fresh and hot for up to two hours. Between the two walls is air which provides a layer of insulation.This French press is not just an elegant looking coffee pot – it is a functional coffee press. Naturally, you wouldn’t want a press that just looked nice but didn’t work well. This coffee press works just the same as all of Bodum’s French presses.The pot is made of stainless steel and has a comfortable, easy-to-hold handle. The plunger is made from mesh and silicone, which prevents scratching.The entire press is dishwasher safe and is very simple to use. You can use this coffee maker for both coffee and tea, and it’s as easy as adding your coffee grounds or tea leaves to the pot, pouring hot water over them, leaving it to steep for four minutes, press and enjoy.
- COFFEE PRESS: COLUMBIA coffee maker brews an excellent cup of coffee or tea within minutes, just add course ground coffee, hot water and press
- INSULATED: Thermal coffee maker is made of double-wall, stainless steel construction to keep beverages hot for two hours; leisurely enjoy your coffee without getting cold
- STAINLESS STEEL: 3-part stainless steel plunger has a mesh filter that helps extract your coffee's aromatic oils and subtle flavors instead of being absorbed by a paper filter
- DURABLE DESIGN: Coffee press features Bodum's patented safety lid to keep contents from spilling and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- SERVINGS: This premium coffee press holds 51 ounces, enough for 12 cups of coffee or tea, 4 oz each
What’s to like about the Bodum Columbia
- Double-walled thermos keeps coffee hot for up to 2 hours
What’s not to like about the Bodum Columbia
- The plastic interior parts are prone to breaking over time
3. Bodum Caffettiera
Bodum’s Caffettiera French press is the embodiment of Bodum’s motto: “Good design doesn’t have to be expensive.” This beautiful coffee maker is a treat for coffee drinkers and enthusiasts who will enjoy the design of the press as much as the delectable coffee it makes.
The Caffettiera coffee maker has a fine-meshed, stainless steel filter that ensures all the rich flavor of the beans is captured without any of the grounds sneaking through to ruin the experience. The Caffettiera coffee press is designed to extract the essential oils from the freshly ground coffee beans, leaving you with a warm and rich aftertaste.The durable plastic lid and handle and the chrome-plated steel protect your hands from the heat inside the carafe. Heat-resistant borosilicate glass has been used to make the glass beaker, making the coffee maker more durable. The safety lid also helps prevent dangerous spills.The filter, glass carafe, and handle are all completely dishwasher safe, which means you can clean your French press quickly and easily after your morning fix.
- 8 cup French Press Coffeemaker allows you to brew flavorful coffee in 4 minutes
- 3-Part stainless steel mesh filter is included which allows for a premium extraction of your coffee aromatic oils and subtle flavors
- No paper filters required, means more flavor without any waste
- Patented safety lid prevents splashing of liquids while pressing
- Dishwasher safe
What’s to like about the Bodum Caffettiera
- Filter and plunger are made from stainless steel
What’s not to like about the Bodum Caffettiera
- Plastic lid is a bit flimsy and doesn’t stay securely in place
4. Bodum Eileen
This Bodum coffee maker was made in honor of Eileen Gray, the famed Irish designer whose adopted city was Paris. Based on its elegant design, it is ideal for entertaining or gifting to your friends and family.
Made in Portugal, this French press is a wonderful addition to any home’s décor. The stylishly detailed frame is made of stainless steel and protects the borosilicate glass carafe.The durable round handle is designed to ensure a secure and comfortable grip. The French press is quick and easy to use and simple to clean. The entire press (except the copper version) is dishwasher safe, ensuring you always have a sparkling clean press to serve your coffee from.The Eileen coffee maker brews a rich and flavorful pot of coffee in just four minutes. The press is easy to use – simply pour the ground coffee into the press and add hot water, let it brew for four minutes, then gently press the plunger down slowly and enjoy. The stainless steel mesh filter system means there is no waste.
- Designed in honor of the great Irish designer Eileen Gray
- Solid stainless steel frame protects borosilicate glass beaker.
- Made in Portugal.
- 34 oz. capacity.
- Dishwasher safe
What’s to like about the Bodum Eileen
- Heat-resistant borosilicate glass used to make the beaker
What’s not to like about the Bodum Eileen
- The glass cylinder is smaller than the frame which may lead it to slip out
5. Bodum Young
The Bodum Young coffee maker was an instant hit, bringing out the kid in coffee lovers. It was originally designed to attract a younger, hipper crowd, but it appeals to coffee drinkers of all ages and interests.
The first thing you notice about this French press is the unique design. The look is fresh and funky – an asset to any modern kitchen. The heat-resistant and durable borosilicate glass carafe has been surrounded by a red and black Santoprene frame, similar to a wetsuit material or rubber feel. The frame has polycarbonate windows built into it, so the brewing process is visible.This hip little coffee maker has been made with the same time-tested Bodum design and makes delicious coffee without the need for power cords, paper filters, and complicated processes.The fine mesh filter presses the coffee grounds to the bottom of the carafe while slowly drawing the beans’ oils into the brew. The entire press is safe to put in the dishwasher, making the cleaning process quick and easy.
- French press: young press brews an excellent cup of Coffee in a modern yet functional way; perfect to be used in a variety of environments
- Durable design: Coffee press features a durable frame made of santroprene and windows made of clear polycarbonate, providing a protective skin around the borosilicate glass beaker to prevent breakage
- Stainless steel: 3-part stainless steel filter system has a mesh filter that helps extract your coffee's aromatic oils and subtle flavors instead of being absorbed by a paper filter
- Maximum flavor: pressed Coffee extracts the perfect amount of essentials oils and acids from the Coffee bean for maximum flavor; the preferred method for brewing for Coffee enthusiasts everywhere
- Servings: French press Coffee maker makes 8 cups of Coffee, 4oz each; dishwasher safe
What’s to like about the Bodum Young
- Made from 24-carat plated plastic and borosilicate glass
What’s not to like about the Bodum Young
- Glass beaker is quite thin and susceptible to breaking
Bodum French presses have been tried, tested and loved for many years, and for good reason. They have many coffee makers available, but out of the presses we considered we have chosen the Bodum Columbia as the best French press because it is durable, elegant, and serves as not only a coffee maker but a thermos too, keeping your coffee or tea hot for up to two hours.The easy-to-hold handle and the added convenience of the safety lid make this a winner in any kitchen, whether it is at home or work. The entire coffee maker is also dishwasher safe, making this our top recommendation for Bodum French Press coffee makers.