Many believe that you need an expensive coffee maker to make a delicious cup of café-quality coffee.
Although a great bean does make a difference, the real key to a brilliant cup of coffee is the correct coffee maker. The best coffee brewers make a fresh cup of coffee by grinding the coffee beans right before brewing.
Quick NavigationComparison ChartBest Coffee Makers with a Grinder Reviews1. Cuisinart Automatic Grind & Brew2. Gourmia Grind and Brew Coffee Maker3. DeLonghi Magnifica Coffee Machine4. Breville Grind Control Coffee Maker5. Capresso Coffee Maker with GrinderFINAL VERDICT
Choosing best coffee maker with grinder doesn’t have to be difficult. We have narrowed down the top 5 coffee makers with grinders, outlining the ins and outs of each.
Best Coffee Makers with a Grinder Reviews
1. Cuisinart Automatic Grind & Brew
This convenient coffee maker has a thermal pot that keeps your coffee fresh and hot. It is fully programmable, so you can set it to make coffee just the way you like it.
Cuisinart has used a combination of stainless steel and plastic in its design, allowing this coffee maker to keep its price relatively low. Despite the reasonable price, the Automatic Grind & Brew does not compromise on top-quality coffee.It also has fewer customization settings than most other coffee makers, but it does have the convenient strength of brew setting, allowing you to set the machine to make your coffee just the way you like it.This coffee maker boasts a permanent filter, but you can use paper filters if you would like a more clean coffee. The charcoal water filter also ensures your coffee is the tastiest it can be.Although this coffee maker doesn’t have all of the extra features that many other coffee makers have, this machine is considerably cheaper than most coffee machines with built-in grinders.The Grind & Brew also has an elegant, modern look that will look great in most kitchens, whether it is at the office or at home. Its less high-tech look makes it a homey addition to have on the counter.
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
- 24-hour programmability with 12-Cup glass carafe featuring an ergonomic handle, dripless pour spout and knuckle guard
- Grinds whole beans right before brewing to produce fresh and flavorful coffee. Grind off feature for pre ground coffee
- Brew-pause feature, auto shutoff from 0 to 4 hours, and 1- to 4-Cup feature
- Please make sure the 1-4 setting button is pushed on. This setting does make a stronger cup of coffee due to the slower brewing process
What’s to like about the Cuisinart Automatic Grind & Brew
What’s not to like about the Cuisinart Automatic Grind & Brew
- Some grounds occasionally make their way into the coffee pot
2. Gourmia Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
If you would like a cheap yet effective coffee maker with a grinder that doesn’t compromise on quality, the Gourmia Grind and Brew coffee maker is a great option.
This coffee maker is one of the cheapest on this list, but it boasts many of the features that more costly coffee machines have.The Gourmia has a built-in grinder, a programmable auto-start function for convenient morning coffee, a digital display and programmable strength settings.As it is a cheaper model, there have been some compromises, but none that take away from the quality of the coffee that this machine can brew. The carafe is non-thermal glass pot which doesn’t retain the heat of your coffee as long as other models do. However, if you have a stainless steel carafe, you can substitute the glass carafe with it.A blade system is used instead of a typical burr grinder, which means the beans are cut and spliced rather than being ground. The result is an uneven extraction. If you enjoy strong coffee, then this won’t be a problem.
- GRIND AND BREW: This powerful combo will automatically transform your fresh beans or favorite pre-ground blend into piping hot, robust coffee.
- SET AHEAD: Instantly grind and brew- or save precious morning minutes, and pre-program brewing time the night before!
- KEEP WARM: Take your time singing in the shower. This hot plate will keep your coffee piping hot for up to 30 minutes after brewing completion!
- SLEEK DESIGN: Features a durable stainless steel body, 2 oz coffee bean capacity, clear water gauge, and 10 cup glass carafe.
- ETL CERTIFIED: We, at Gourmia, take the quality of our products seriously. This product is ETL certified so you can be confident that you’re receiving a safe, efficient, high quality appliance.
What’s to like about the Gourmia Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
- Very reasonably priced
- The coffee maker is easy to use
- The sleek design suits any office or home kitchen
- Speedy brew time adds to the convenience
What’s not to like about the Gourmia Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
- The blade system does not always splice the beans evenly
3. DeLonghi Magnifica Coffee Machine
If you want a super-automatic coffee machine that grinds your beans on demand and makes both coffee and espresso, the DeLonghi Magnifica may be just what you are looking for.
The other coffee makers on this list focus primarily on making drip coffee, but the DeLonghi Magnifica focuses on espresso-based coffee beverages such as cappuccinos and lattes. If your preference is for these drinks, then the Magnifica is a great fit for you.This coffee maker is a single-serve machine with a built-in grinder, allowing you to make the drink you would like just the way you like it.The Magnifica is a semi-automatic espresso maker, automating the grinding and brewing process. It does not automatically froth your milk, rather coming with a steaming wand to froth your milk for your cappuccino.As it is semi-automatic rather than fully automatic machine, DeLonghi have been able to keep the price of this machine lower than others in this category while still making top-quality espresso that can rival that made by more expensive machines.This machine lets you make the same rich-tasting espresso coffee drinks you would find in an upscale café or restaurant.
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- FRESH ESPRESSO FOR EVERY CUP: The professional burr grinder with 13 adjustable settings grinds fresh beans every time to ensure maximum freshness. You can also use pre-ground in the second chamber. Your choice of regular, specialty or decaf.
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY: A manual frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them.
- CONSISTENT BREWING EVERY TIME: Each cup is automatically brewed to the perfect temperature, richness and density. And you can customize the settings to ensure its always just the way you like it.
- EASY TO CLEAN AND HANDLE: The compact, extractable brew unit is not only easy to clean, it self-adjusts for one or two shots of espresso.
What’s to like about the DeLonghi Magnifica Coffee Machine
- Quick and easy to clean
- The burr grinder offers consistent grinding every time
- Compact design makes it easy to store and doesn’t take up much counter space
- Quickly brews espressos with a short wait time between each cup
What’s not to like about the DeLonghi Magnifica Coffee Machine
- Takes time to get used to making the perfect cup of coffee
4. Breville Grind Control Coffee Maker
The Breville coffee maker is one of the best grind and brew coffee machines available on the market. It brews a great cup of coffee, and quality is never compromised.
The Breville Grind Control coffee maker is the first of its kind in home coffee makers with grinders. The adjustable grinder allows you to calibrate the coffee volume and grind size to suit your tastes.The burr grinder is made from stainless steel, providing consistency in the coffee grounds and general durability. Once the water has boiled to the ideal temperature, the coffee is dispensed in the perfect proportions to ensure the coffee’s important flavors are highlighted.The ‘steep and release’ feature controls the release of the coffee into your brew for a rich, full-bodied flavor. There are 8 strength settings to choose from, and there is a pre-ground coffee feature that allows you to use pre-ground beans.The LCD screen displays all the relevant information, including grinding time, strength, water level and grind size. The machine also has a programmable auto-start function which will start brewing at the time you set.The Breville is a large machine, making it ideal for office use, but its height and removable drip tray also allows you to use any cup size. It has a GoldTone filter which eliminates the need to use paper filters, saving you money and helping the environment.
- Product note: Please refer to user manual (provided below in PDF) before first use.Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
What’s to like about the Breville Grind Control Coffee Maker
- Easy to use and clean
- Large water reservoir holds water until you’re ready to make another cup
- You can program the pre-brew temperature
- The burr filters are made from stainless steel for durability
- High-end, modern design looks great in any kitchen
What’s not to like about the Breville Grind Control Coffee Maker
- The machine is large and not ideal for kitchens with limited counter space
5. Capresso Coffee Maker with Grinder
The Capresso CoffeeTeam machine is a great choice for offices and homes. It has an adjustable burr grinder which grinds the beans consistently every time.
The Capresso CoffeeTeam is a digital and customizable machine that is an essential item for every kitchen. Its 10-cup capacity allows you to brew plenty of coffee in one go, but you can also set it to 2, 4, 6 or 8 cups.You can also change its strength, with mild, regular and strong being the available options. The burr grinder allows you to grind your beans into fine, medium or coarse grounds, so you can customize your coffee to your preferred tastes.The conical stainless steel burr grinder grinds beans slowly, so minimal heat is applied to them until they are brewed. The GoldTone filter holder remains inside the machine to reduce noise. The warming plate keeps the coffee hot for 2 hours, after which the auto shut-off kicks in.This machine also allows you to choose between automatic or manual operation. The water reaches an ideal 200 °F before being integrated with the grounds, allowing the flavors to be fully incorporated. The CoffeeTeam also allows you to pour a cup mid-brew using the stop-and-serve feature.
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
What’s to like about the Capresso Coffee Maker with Grinder
- Reasonably priced for a great machine
- The conical burr grinder evenly grinds the beans every time
- Fully programmable to suit your preferences
- The drip stop prevents coffee drips and mess
What’s not to like about the Capresso Coffee Maker with Grinder
- Tricky to clean the whole machine
All of the coffee makers with grinders listed above are a great option for your daily coffee needs. They all differ a bit from one another, but they all have one vital feature in common: the built-in coffee grinder. You can pick one that makes your favorite type of coffee while fitting your budget and build requirements.However, one of the machines stands out above the others and is, therefore, our recommendation. The Breville Grind Control Coffee Maker is easy to clean and simple to use.
It has a large water reservoir which adds to its convenience, and you can program the pre-brew temperature. The stainless steel burrs offer durability and longevity, and its modern, stylish look suits any kitchen.
Amazon Disclaimer: prices updated on 2023-12-01 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API