Percolating hot water over ground coffee beans is one of the simplest ways to brew a delicious, rich, flavorsome cup of coffee.
This is the main reason behind electric percolators being so popular, especially among coffee drinkers who want an authentic and full coffee taste.
Electric percolators are ever more convenient thanks to the modern technology and extra features added to their design. You can adjust electric percolators to change the brewing time or coffee’s strength. If you love coffee and have a busy life, finding the best electric percolator may be just what you need.
Best Electric Percolator Reviews
1. Black + Decker Farberware Percolator
If you live by yourself or are the only person in your household who enjoys coffee, a smaller percolator is perfect. But if you want the same convenience as a small percolator, but with a bigger capacity, the Farberware percolator may be just what you are looking for.
This amazing coffee percolator brews a rich cup of coffee in almost no time at all. It is conveniently available in three different sizes – 4 cup, 8 cup, and 12 cup – to suit your needs.
The sturdy and sleek stainless steel construction offers durability, and the detachable power cord ensures you can store this percolator conveniently. The base and handle are both cool to the touch, allowing you to carry the percolator from your kitchen counter to the table safely.
The 1-step brewing process provides simplicity, and the automatic keep-warm function means you can keep your coffee warm until you drink it.
This percolator also boasts other functional extras, such as brewing one cup per minute. The Farberware percolator is very reasonably priced and is suited to most budgets.
- 4-Cup capacityand 1000 watts
- Durable stainless steel construction and maintains consistent brew speed: 1-cup p/min.
- Automatic keep warm mode. Volts -120V, 60Hz
- Cool-touch handle and lid knob with rolled edges for safe and easy handling
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
What's to like about the Black + Decker Farberware Percolator
- This percolator is reasonably priced
- The cool touch lid and handle increases safety
- Fast brewing time
What's not to like about the Black + Decker Farberware Percolator
- There is no visible button to let you know when percolation is complete
2. Hamilton Beach Electric Percolator
Enjoy delicious and flavorful percolator coffee that is easy to make with the Hamilton Beach percolator, which is simple and fun to operate.
This Hamilton Beach percolator has a smooth design not often seen in other percolators, which makes it the perfect way to serve your guests.
Housed in durable stainless steel finished with stylish chrome, this fast-brewing percolator makes coffee at a speed of one cup per minute. When the coffee has brewed, the keep-warm feature automatically switches on to ensure your coffee will always be fresh and warm.
The percolator has a ready-to-serve light which indicates when the coffee is finished brewing, and the detachable power cord allows you to serve the coffee conveniently as well as store it easily.
The stay-cool easy-grip lid knob and handle reduce the risk of burns, the drip-free spout ensures no mess when pouring, and the stainless steel filter basket minimizes the grounds in your coffee. The percolator combines a retro 1950s look with present-day technology to create a unit that perfectly complements any kitchen.
- Hot, Flavorful Coffee Fast: Percolator Brews 12 Cups of Hot, Flavorful Coffee in Less Than a Minute per Cup. Dishwasher-Safe Stainless Steel Permanent Filter Basket Is Included.
- Keeps Coffee Hot: Percolator's Ready-To-Serve Light Indicates Coffee Is Ready and Gentle Keep Warm Setting Keeps the Coffee Hot Without Overcooking It.
- Easy Pouring: Stainless Steel Percolator's Cool Touch Handle and Drip-Free Spout Make for Easy Pouring.Do not use abrasive scouring pads or cleansers
- Detachable Cord: 12 Cup Percolator Has a Detachable Cord for Easy Tabletop Serving and Storage.
- Versatile: Percolator Is Not Just for Brewed Coffee! Heat up to 12 Cups of Water for Tea, Hot Cocoa, or Instant Coffee.
What's to like about the Hamilton Beach Electric Percolator
- Once brewed, the coffee remains hot for a while
- The grip knob on the lid makes it easy to lift the lid
- The tapered spout reduces spills and looks elegant
What's not to like about the Hamilton Beach Electric Percolator
- The water level indicator is difficult to read
3. Capresso Coffee Maker
The electric percolator boasts an auto-warm function, a transparent glass lid and controlled pour technology which come together to create an ergonomic coffee maker that is both stylish and effective.
The refined design of this electric percolator includes a locking lid for safety, a perk tube and a stainless steel filter basket. The indicator light shows when your coffee is ready to be enjoyed, and the internal water and coffee level markings allow for easy filling.
The heat-resistant base of the percolator makes it safe to place on any surface. The see-through glass lid allows you to watch the percolating process which takes less than one minute per cup. The automatic keep-warm mode keeps your coffee warm until you are ready to serve it.
The detachable power cord means you can move the percolator from the kitchen to wherever you would like to serve the coffee, making it perfect for special occasions and parties. The contoured handle is ergonomically designed and the traditionally shaped spout makes for easy serving.
- HOTTEST COFFEE: Prepare piping hot, strong coffee
- FAST BREWING: Make 4 to 12 cups in less than one minute per cup
- UPDATED CLASSIC: A contemporary take on a coffee classic - compact design
- GLASS LID: View-through glass lid insert showcases the perking process
- KEEP WARM: Automatically keeps warm as long as the product is plugged in
What's to like about the Capresso Coffee Maker
- The keep-warm function ensures your coffee stays hot and fresh
- Fast brew time of just one minute
- Stay-cool handle helps prevent burns
What's not to like about the Capresso Coffee Maker
- The power cord is short
- There is no automatic switch off function
4. West Bend Classic Electric Percolator
West Bend is best known for their aluminum appliances and has been manufacturing top quality products for over 100 years. This electric percolator is no different, offering the strong aroma and flavor of coffee in a sophisticated maker.
This coffee percolator is very affordable without compromising on reliability and efficiency. The coffee maker is very easy to use and can easily make two to twelve cups of richly-flavored, delicious coffee.
The West Bend Classic circulates the hot water through your coffee grounds, making the familiar percolating sounds as it does so. The ready-to-serve light indicates when the coffee has brewed, and the coffee maker features a coffee-level indicator built into the handle. This indicator lets you see how much coffee is left in the pot without having to open the lid.
The keep-warm function means you can serve your coffee hot when you are ready. The durable stainless steel body boasts a stay-cool base and handle and a detachable power cord, allowing you to carry the percolator to where you are serving, and you can place it on any surface.
- 2-12 CUP CAPACITY: Perfect for serving one or many
- CONVENIENT: Ready-to-serve indicator light, coffee level indicator on handle
- STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION: Stainless steel construction, stem, basket, and spreader
- KEEP WARM: Keeps coffee at the perfect serving temperature, automatically
- Cord detaches for tabletop serving
What's to like about the West Bend Classic Electric Percolator
- The no-spill lid ensures ease of use
- The water level indicator is very handy
- The automatic keep-warm function keeps your coffee fresh and hot
What's not to like about the West Bend Classic Electric Percolator
- The power cord is very short
5. WalterDrake Presto Percolator
The Presto percolator by WalterDrake is a modern take on the classic percolator, making it a functional and beautiful part of your kitchen’s décor.
This Presto stainless steel percolator works quickly, brewing at a cup per minute. The water passes through the grounds several times, creating a full and rich flavor. The keep-warm function keeps the coffee piping hot in the coffee pot.
The Presto boasts a stainless steel filter basket and a perk tube which creates flavorful and robust coffee. It has an indicator light which shows when your coffee is ready and the spill-free spout makes it easy to pour the coffee.
This coffee maker is simple, small, and classically designed, giving you a much-appreciated percolating performance. Taking just one minute, this percolator can produce a sublime cup of coffee parallel to the best.
The Presto is easy to use and clean – each part can be individually washed and dried.
Despite the modern, sophisticated look of this percolator, its percolation is done in the traditional way, promising a deliciously brewed pot of coffee every time.
- Stainless steel
- Makes 6 cups at "cup-a-minute" speed
- Features stay-cool handle and knob
- Detachable UL listed cord
- Signal light indicates when coffee is ready to be served
What's to like about the WalterDrake Presto Percolator
- This percolator keeps your coffee piping hot
- Indicator lights tells you when the coffee is ready
- Simple to operate and easy to load
What's not to like about the WalterDrake Presto Percolator
- No automatic switch-off feature
- The power cord is quite short
An electric percolator is a simple machine that allows you to brew great-tasting coffee with ease. Many would agree that there is something special about percolator coffee and the flavor it brings out of the coffee grounds.
You may consider the percolator to be a machine of the past, but even today many baristas swear by them. So with that in mind, it is worthwhile expanding your coffee horizons to include this traditional technique. However, you first need to select the right percolator for you.
To make the task simpler, we have listed what we consider to be the best electric percolator coffee makers, their features, as well as their pros and cons. Any of the percolators on our list will brew coffee to make you weak at the knees. But there is one that is a standout for us.
The Hamilton Beach percolator leaves little to be desired, offering a keep-warm function, a grip knob on the lid for easy lifting and a classic look. You can really get creative with this percolator. Experiment with the amount and coarseness of the grounds or try out different recipes that will satiate your coffee desires.