Making great espressos used to be reserved for baristas in cafés and restaurants, but can now be done by you in your own kitchen.
A super automatic espresso machine helps you make delicious espresso without the guesswork.
From grinding the coffee beans to tamping the grounds and adding the water, it can become a bit confusing. Super automatic espresso machines will pump the water, control the brew volume, grind your beans, tamp down and brew your rich espresso.
Below we have listed the top 5 best super automatic espresso machines available as well as their features, pros and cons so you can work out which one you would like in your kitchen.
Best Super Automatic Espresso Machines Reviews
1. Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Machine
Despite the name “Mr. Coffee” conjuring thoughts of cheap and ineffective coffee makers, this espresso machine will prove you wrong and knock your socks off for a great price.
This machine allows you to make robust, delectable, café-quality espressos, cappuccinos, or lattes with the simplest of processes. The 15-bar pressure pump creates enough pressure to extract the rich, bold, full-bodied flavors of your chosen coffee when brewing.
The one-touch button controls allow you to select between a single or double shot, and the espresso machine will automatically froth your milk with the adjustable control button. The milk reservoir is conveniently removable so you can place any leftover milk in the refrigerator.
The machine is built very sturdily and is a beautiful addition to any home or office kitchen counter. Add to that the convenience of being able to use both coffee grounds and pods and you have a cost-effective solution to great coffee every morning.
- Semi automatic 3 in 1 espresso maker, cappuccino maker, and latte maker
- 15 Bar Pump System Brews Rich Tasting Espresso Coffee
- Trouble Free Automatic Milk Frother Removes the Guesswork. Do not wash the water reservoir in the dishwasher
- One touch control panel for drink selections
- Easy fill, removable water and milk reservoirs
What's to like about the Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Machine
- Milk froths with the press of one button
- You can use pods and coffee grounds
What's not to like about the Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso Machine
- Not suitable for heavy use
2. Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine
This neat stainless steel espresso machine makes it easy for you to make your favorite coffee drinks with its large bean hopper and generously sized water reservoir.
This elegant machine boasts a water temperature adjuster, allowing you to set the machine to your ideal temperature. You can also select from two cup sizes, so you can choose which size you want. The half-pound bean hopper and the 67-ounce water reservoir are housed in the stylish, classic stainless steel body.
The dials on the machine are easy to use, and the double-walled filter basket ensures you get a clean cup of coffee. The milk frother is very basic, giving the milk just a light froth. If you don’t mind lightly frothed milk, this machine is for you.
This espresso machine has a useful “clean me” feature that alerts you when the machine needs to be cleaned. There is a cleaning kit included with your purchase.
The removable drip tray makes for easy cleaning, and the single button feature that allows you to make a delicious cup of coffee with just one push is very helpful.
- Dose control grinding: Integrated conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of the bean
- Precise espresso extraction: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal Espresso extraction
- Micro foam milk Texturing: The steam wand performance allows you to hand texture micro foam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
- Grind size dial: Simple and intuitive, giving you control over the grind size no matter what type of bean you're grinding
- Hands free operation: Innovative grinding cradle allows any at home Barista to grind directly into the espresso port filter
What's to like about the Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine
- Dedicated dispenser for hot water
- Large water reservoir capacity of 67 ounces
What's not to like about the Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine
- The integrated drip tray results in grounds collecting in the drip tray
3. DeLonghi Lattissima Pro Espresso Machine
The DeLonghi Lattissima machine is made to take the effort and stress out of making a luscious, rich espresso while also being easy to use and clean.
Nespresso capsules have been specially designed to make espresso brewing effortless and avoid mess. This pod combined with DeLonghi’s machine mean you are always just the press of a button away from decadent barista-quality coffee drinks.
The Lattissima has an intuitive touch screen that allows you to select from 6 coffee drinks: espresso, cappuccino, lungo, latte, ristretto and hot milk as well as hot water.
This attractive machine uses a 19-bar pump to ensure that every drop of flavor is drawn into your cup. As the machine is extracting, the integrated milk carafe dispenses the milk based on your preferences. Once you have finished brewing, you can remove the carafe and store it in the refrigerator. The milk carafe is also dishwasher safe for added convenience.
You can choose from three different gourmet Nespresso capsule categories: fruity, mild and intense. These are also available in decaf varieties. The espresso machine maintains your optimal temperature so you can easily brew a cup of coffee when you are ready.
- It's all about the foam: The De’Longhi Automatic Cappuccino System creates perfectly layered espresso beverages, with dense, rich, long-lasting foam in every cup from start to finish.
- Nespresso capsule system: The ultimate convenience. The recyclable aluminum capsules contain the finest espressos for authentic taste without measuring or cleanup. Milk carafe capacity (l)- 16 ounce (.5 liter)
- Brings out more flavor: De’Longhi’s patented espresso extraction system creates the ideal flow of water with 19 bars of pressure – the ultimate amount for drawing the most flavor and desired temperature in each cup.
- The perfect amount of milk: During the extraction process, the integrated carafe dispenses milk in adjustable levels for taste. Simply remove from the unit to keep freshly refrigerated. The unit is also designed so no milk comes in contact with the machine – and is dishwasher safe.
- Rapid heat-up time: No need to wait for a delicious espresso. The Thermoblock heating system speeds cold-start heating time to seconds. Used capsule container: 15 capsules
What's to like about the DeLonghi Lattissima Pro Espresso Machine
- The touchscreen is easy to use and read
- 19-bar pump provides sufficient pressure for great espressos
What's not to like about the DeLonghi Lattissima Pro Espresso Machine
- Quite costly for a pod espresso machine
4. Gaggia Carezza Deluxe Espresso Machine
This beautiful machine by Gaggia makes it simpler than ever to make a crema-topped espresso with very little effort.
The innovative portafilter is double-walled and can use either freshly ground coffee beans or ESE pods, making this machine twice as convenient.
The Carezza is a stylish and elegant machine that boasts a 47-ounce located at the front of the machine, making it convenient to refill without moving the machine. The height of the Carezza is low enough that it fits conveniently under most kitchen cabinets.
The machine is simple to use. The indicator light shows when the machine is at the desired temperature and the temperature gauge shows that the machine is heating up. As the Carezza heats up, you can use the cup warmer on top of the machine to pre-warm your cups.
Once the machine is heated, place your coffee grounds or ESE pods into the machine. The Carezza does a self-rinse cycle every time it is switched on to ensure your machine is always clean and ready to use.
- FROTHING FOR MILK BEVERAGES: Pannarello wand frothing for cappuccinos & lattes. Wand doubles as a hot water dispenser for Americanos & tea
- Brewing features: pressurized porta filter brews both ground Coffee and ESE pods. Pre-infusion function pre-wets grounds before brewing for rich, even extraction
- AUTOMATIC POWER DOWN: The Carezze will power down after 9 minutes of inactivity to save energy
- FRONT LOADED WATER RESERVOIR: Features a 47oz capacity and pulls out from the front of the machine, water level is visible, and the reservoir is compatible with the Mavea Inteza water filter system
- 1 year warranty: hassle free 1 year warranty handled by Gaggia directly
What's to like about the Gaggia Carezza Deluxe Espresso Machine
- Makes consistently high-quality espressos
- Beautiful design suits any kitchen
What's not to like about the Gaggia Carezza Deluxe Espresso Machine
- Occasional operational hiccups
5. KitchenAid Nespresso Artisan Espresso Machine
This espresso machine is the result of a collaboration between a top coffee capsule brand and a respected appliance manufacturer with the result being a stylish and convenient espresso maker.
The Nespresso Artisan has a 19-bar pump system that effectively extracts every drop of flavor from your desired coffee capsule. The machine also has a dial which allows you to select your brew strength from 6 pre-programmed settings, so you can customize the coffee to your taste.
The Artisan has a quick start-up, heating the machine to the ideal temperature in just 30 seconds. The all-metal, die-cast build gives this machine durability and longevity. The design of the espresso maker is also classic, timeless and beautiful – the perfect addition to every kitchen counter.
The capsule system is easy to load and the disposal container can store a total or 14 used capsules. The machine also has a 47-ounce removable water reservoir, making refilling easy. This bundle set includes a milk frother and 16 Nespresso capsules.
What's to like about the KitchenAid Nespresso Artisan Espresso Machine
- The sleek, elegant design looks great on any kitchen counter
- There are 6 pre-programmed beverage sizes
What's not to like about the KitchenAid Nespresso Artisan Espresso Machine
- Quite an expensive machine
The best super automatic espresso machines are designed to be a quick, easy and effective coffee-making solution that allows you to customize the coffee to your preferences without needing to learn barista skills.
With the press of a button, these machines can make espressos, lattes and cappuccinos, and much more. These machines are perfect for people who love their morning coffee but don’t want the hassle of a manual espresso machine or the high cost of buying espressos at cafés.
After considering all of the very commendable machines above, our recommendation is the Gaggia Carezza Deluxe Espresso Machine because it consistently makes high-quality espressos and has a cup holder located at the top of the espresso machine.
The design of this espresso machine is modern yet elegant and stylish, and will suit any kitchen’s décor. Plus, the steam spout allows you to efficiently froth your milk to round off a decadent coffee drink.