A coffee maker is a necessity in most homes today. Having the ability to brew a fresh cup of hot coffee after waking up in the morning can help you save hundreds of dollars every year and many trips to coffee shops.
You can brew your favorite cup of coffee within the comforts of your own kitchen – no driving out to a café or waiting in line necessary.
If you are looking for a top-of-the-line coffee maker, look no further than Farberware coffee makers! A Faberware coffee maker can be a great choice when looking for a high-quality coffee maker to add to your home.
What is a Farberware Coffee Maker?
Farberware is one of the oldest and most trusted brands that manufactures and sells home appliances, cookware, and other kitchen-related appliances at affordable prices.
In the coffee making market, they offer high-quality coffee percolators. Farberware coffee makers are known to perform well – they are durable and long-lasting, and make quality coffee.
Farberware coffee makers are also easy to find as they can be purchased online and from different retail stores.
What are Coffee Percolators?
Farberware coffee makers come in different models – they offer a Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite 8-Cup Coffee Percolator and Farberware 12-Cup Percolator.
But before we go into detail about these models, first things first – what exactly is a coffee percolator?
The common household coffee maker is known as a drip coffee maker; however, that is only one tool that can be used for extracting coffee from beans.
Another way to make your coffee is through a percolator. Essentially, a coffee percolator is a type of pot that is used for the brewing of coffee. How does it work?
The way a coffee percolator works is simple. A vertical tube inside the coffee pot allows the boiling water (or nearly boiling) to travel upwards to where the coffee grounds are and pass through them before dripping back to the pot where the process starts all over again.
It continually cycles the boiling (or nearly boiling) brew through the grounds using gravity until the preferred brew strength is achieved.
Types of Percolators
There are two main types of coffee percolators – the percolators and pressure percolators. Each of these types of coffee percolators denotes a different way in which boiling water passes through coffee grounds.
Moreover, both of these percolator types produce different types of coffee and each has its own advantages.
- Gravity Type Coffee Percolator.
This is the traditional coffee percolator. In a gravity type coffee percolator, boiling water moves up the tube then trickles out over the lid of the filter basket – this allows the water to enter the coffee ground chamber.
As more water enters the coffee ground chamber, other water finishes its trickle through to the bottom of the chamber where there are small holes to let it back out, but keeps the grounds in.
When using a gravity type coffee percolator, you must pay attention to make sure that it doesn’t over a brew – this results in an unpleasant coffee flavor. If successfully used, a gravity type coffee percolator produces aromatic, great-tasting coffee.
Note: Before pouring, don’t forget to remove the filter basket from the pot so loose coffee grounds don’t also pour out into your cup.
- Pressure Type Coffee Percolator.
The term ‘percolate’ refers to the process of water trickling through the coffee grounds, which is not true of pressure percolators.
A pressure type percolator has three main sections – the lower section (the water section), the mid-section (the place where raw coffee grounds are held), and the upper section (the place for the resultant coffee).
Some pressure type coffee percolators have no upper section. How does it work? A pressure type coffee percolator must be placed on a heat source.
Once the water reaches its boiling point, steam is formed – this creates a kind of pressure and forces the water into the coffee grounds through a tube.
This mixture passes to the upper section which results in a concentrated coffee brew (the brewed coffee stays on the upper section, away from the heat source until it is poured into your cup).
Farberware Coffee Makers and Coffee Percolators
Now that you have a better understanding of coffee percolators, we list down some of the best Farberware coffee makers and coffee percolators available today.
- Farberware Yosemite 8-Cup Coffee Percolator Classic Stainless Steel
Built of heavy-duty stainless steel material, the Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite 8-Cup Coffee Percolator has been mirror polished to bring an elegant, sleek aura to your kitchen and dining space.
This premium coffee maker produces about one cup per minute, so you don’t have to wait around for delicious coffee.
It also features an automatic keep-warm function which gently warms coffee after perking. Furthermore, its detachable cord makes it easy to pour and store.
The Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite 8-Cup Coffee Percolator is easy to use. You simply have to:
- Grind your coffee.
- Add water into the reservoir of the percolator.
- Add the chamber with the tube assembly then place it inside the percolator.
- Pour the coffee grinds into the chamber.
- Put the lid on.
- Plug it in.
That’s it! Let the water boil and percolate for about 10 minutes; however, you can shorten or lengthen its duration, depending on how you like your coffee.
- Grind your coffee.
- Classic coffee maker: Make delicious coffee morning or evening with The Original 8-Cup Farberware Stovetop Percolator
- Durable and convenient: Heavy-duty stainless steel coffee maker is polished to a mirror finish. The sturdy, clear glass knob lets you know when percolating begins
- No mess: Features a permanent filter basket, so there’s no need to deal with messy coffee filters
- Dishwasher safe: Fully immersible and dishwasher safe, the percolator combines technology with the styling and quality Farberware has delivered for decades
- Lifetime warranty
- Farberware 12-Cup Percolator
The Farberware 12-Cup Percolator is a great choice for coffee lovers. With its elegant design and sleek stainless steel housing, this coffee maker is a great addition to any modern kitchen.
The Farberware 12-Cup Percolator features instant brewing, allowing you to make about one cup per minute. Moreover, you can adjust the brewing time to control the strength of your coffee, allowing you to make a cup exactly how you want it.
This coffee maker also automatically changes modes once the brewing process is complete to keep your coffee warm and ready to serve.
For easy and safe handling, the Farberware 12-Cup Percolator also features a stay-cool handle and cover knob with rolled edges.
Just like the Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite 8-Cup Coffee Percolator, the Farberware 12-Cup Percolator is easy to use. You simply have to:
- Open the percolator and remove the parts you see inside – this includes the basket, the basket cover, and the metal tube that goes down to the bottom.
- Fill the unit with water according to the amount of coffee that you would like to brew.
- To help prevent coffee grounds from getting into your brewed coffee, add a little water to the basket. Then, place the metal tube and basket back inside the unit.
- Put coffee grounds into the basket depending on your desired brew strength. As a general rule, you should add a little under 2 scoops of coffee for each cup of water.
- Replace the basket cover.
- Plug the percolator into a wall outlet – your coffee will begin brewing immediately.
That’s it! The unit will automatically stop brewing when the coffee is ready to drink. Plus, it will keep the brew warm for you.
- Premium Stainless Steel Exterior: Premium percolator constructed with stainless steel for a durable appliance that looks great in your kitchen.
- Robust Aroma and Flavor: Percolating is the fast and easy way to enjoy the full flavor of aroma of your favorite ground coffee.
- Cup-A-Minute: The speedy percolator produces about one cup per minute of delicious coffee.
- Detachable Cord: Serving is simple thanks to the detachable cord that simplifies moving and pouring the kettle.
- Automatic Keep Warm: Once brewing is complete, the kettle automatically switches to its “keep warm” function. Volts - 60Hz
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for a coffee maker with no muss and fuss but still make an exceptional cup of coffee, look no further than Farberware coffee makers. Farberware is known for their top of the line coffee percolators that are great to look at, easy to use, and come at affordable prices.